Name: Barolo Docg Villero
Terroir: Villero is undoubtedly one of the most important vineyards of Castiglione Falletto in terms of quality and exposure. The soil is clayey and calcareous, the exposure is south and south-west.
– Crushing and destemming
– Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 10-12 days, temperature controlled
– Submerged-cap maceration for 20-25 days.
– Malolactic fermentation in small barrels, temperature controlled.
– Aging in large oak barrels (225 – 500 – 1000L) for 18 months.
– Settling at least 1 year in bottle before release.
Description: Bright garnet red color. Persistent aroma of ripe red fruits, plums and cherries that opens to spicy hints. It is a structured and powerful Barolo, with a deep aromatic profile. Tannins are smooth and soft, thanks to the long maceration.
BOROLI Barolo Villero will last over time to give its maximum potential years after harvest.