Name: Barolo Docg Cerequio
1,3 hectares – 100% Nebbiolo – average age of vines 30 years
Terroir: Only 5 producers bottle the cru Cerequio. The vineyard extends over two virtually opposing slopes which, together, create an easy recognizable ridge. The area is characterized by an extraordinary microclimate: in winter, snow melts immediately and the elders call this place “Riviera of the Langhe”. Sandy soil with high humidity and clay.
– Crushing and destemming
– Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 10-12 days, temperature controlled
– Submerged-cap maceration for 20-25 days.
– Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks, temperature controlled.
– Aging in large oak barrels (1000-1500 – 2500L) for 18 months.
– Settling at least 1 year in bottle before release.
Description: Clear ruby red colour, intense and fruity aromas with scents of flowers such as camomile. Structured and full-bodied, BOROLI Barolo Cerequio is the epitome of generosity. Lively black fruits aromas are sustained by perfectly integrated tannins and a long lasting finale